Friday, May 21, 2010

Cricut

     After debating, wanting, thinking, wondering, I have finally ordered a Cricut Expression.  Die Cut Central is having a 50% off sale for 48 hours.  So I decided, after checking with my hubby, to take the dive and get it!  I am so excited. I plan to get the SCAL program instead of purchasing cartridges for it, but I am getting 2 free cartridges with the one I ordered.  I did have a "Slice" cutting machine and a few cartridges in my cart for Crop Chocolate but wasn't sure I'd be happy with it.  Yes, a Slice is portable, but you have to hold onto while it cuts and it only cuts one thing at a time.  If you're trying to spell out the word "c-e-l-e-b-r-a-t-e" then it would take FOREVER! I hate regret, so the Cricut won out. I will soon get to start making my own scrappy extras.  Sorry, just got excited and had to share.  Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome Steph! I haven't decided whether to go with the Cricut or Slice either. For a few years I've been debating and have never made a decision. Let me know how you like it!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie!! I am so glad you're doing this blog, it's nice to keep up with you, even if it's only through crafting. I got a Cricut 2 years ago on Black Friday and I LOVE it!! I use mine all the time. I also have SCAL and it really beats buying a million Font carts for $50 each. Plus you can join the letters together on SCAL so you only have to glue down one image instead of 20 letters if you want to. I do like some of the shape carts that are out there, but there are so many free SVG files on the interent! I know you will love it!! Happy Crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Stephanie! My husband bought me a Cricut Expression last year for our anniversary, and I really love it. I haven't gotten the SCAL program yet, although I want it. I can't wait to see what you're going to create with yours! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete