Thursday, June 3, 2010

Knitting: Lesson #1, Casting On

  Abi, Nicole (friend from work) and I came to my house on Tuesday for the 'Stitch & Bitch'.  Nicole ended up having to leave early, but was able to get what she needed to start.  First lesson:  casting on.  I've got that mastered and have begun the actual knitting.  I had to start over a couple times (I also do that when I begin a crochet project to get it 'just right'.)   I've overcome the awkward (such a funny looking word) feeling of holding both knitting needles, for the most part. According to Abi, it is best to begin with wooden needles to give the yarn a better grip on the needle.  And it's easier to start with 100% wool yarn to learn.  Hopefully we will be getting together again next week for the second lesson.  Thanks Abi!!! 

     I looked up how to cast off.  It may not be perfect, but I'm happy with my first try.  Now on to lesson #2 this weekend!



And after weaving the loose strands of yarn through my work:

No comments:

Post a Comment