I did finish the runner for Abi (quite awhile ago) but haven't posted in so long. Below, if I get this right, are the photos of the finished runner. I must say that I would have kept if for myself because it turned out wonderfully. I will, however, NEVER do a double sided project again!!! Unless it is a rag quilt.
I finished this in LESS than 2 weeks!!! YAY!!
Here is the inspiration for the quilt runner. I just looked at some photos off of the internet and chose this one to try and duplicate. I did the runner without a pattern!
I've also finished the rag quilts for my nieces and the quilt for my nephew with ragged edges. I wish there were better material choices for a boy quilt, but here they are:
This is Tori/Aubri quilt:
Here is Emri's quilt:
We are lucky enough to live on base and the last Friday of every month we are able to leave big items, like furniture, out at the curb for pick-up. My husband happened upon this table. After he fixed the legs to make them more sturdy, he sanded and painted it black, from a honey color, and fastened a knob on one side so that I can hang a bag for trash collection. (I don't want our cat to be able to get ahold of any strings or thread from my sewing as I've seen too many things that can go wrong while working at a Veterinary office.)
I have my grandmothers sewing table that she sat at so often. I wish I could put it to better use than just to look at but I need the room this big table gives me!
He also found this treasure for us to fix. This dresser was a curb pick-up. He saved it right before it began to rain. It was already black but needed a little touch up with some spray paint, not too much though because it has a nice worn look around some edges. He had to put a new back on it because the one on it was warped. He also fixed the drawers so they opened and closed smoothly. I used "mod podge" on the front 2 drawers with some really great fabric from my stash. This was my first attempt at it and I think it turned out quite nice!
During Mod Podge:
I have been making bookmarks with my scrapbooking supplies...I LOVE bookmarks!!! Here are some I've done so far.
Made this one for Nicole (work friend):
This one for Lindy (work friend):
This one for Karen (another co-worker):
These are just made from my supplies:
My mom gave us this small curio cabinet and Joe lovingly sanded it down and painted it black. I think it just looks fabulous now!!!
This dresser was white. Joe sanded and painted it black and added the green knobs. I love the detail of the dresser. This dresser took him awhile to do. I grew up with dresser in my bedroom but I love the way it looks now!
I made this slip-cover for my sewing machine. I like having it setting out on my craft table but I want to keep the dust to a minimum. This only took an hour or so to put together. No, it isn't perfect but it does the job and I'm pretty proud of myself for how it turned out :)
These three frames were sitting in the craft room empty so I grabbed some scrapbook paper and put this together.
So that's it for the moment. Maybe for the next project I will take some before pictures if it is a re-do or some "as it progresses" pictures for the other projects! I'm very new to this and hope to improve greatly as time goes by.
Just a final note: if you are crafty in the least bit and haven't tried using mod podge, then YOU HAVE GOT TO TRY IT!!! It is so fun to use and there are a lot of tutorials on the web to give you ideas.